Read the July 15 Swasti Kids newsletter here.
This book release video of Sarya Kalyana- a health education booklet series for adolescent girls and boys by Dr. Vikas Chothe MD Ayu stresses the importance of adolescent health program supported by Rotary Pimpri Town.Please help us conduct our free adolescent health program in your nearest schools and colleges and help support the cause!
Winners of War against Coke contest, who pledged to say no to soft drinks and have dairy and healthy fruit juices!
Monthly KIDS Newsletter Read the newsletter in detail here! April14
Health Consequences of Drinking Soda
Childhood obesity, recurrent infections, common cold, internet, gaming, tobacco addictions, onscreen violence and excess fast food consumption have become modern age epidemics in children.
An interactive workshop on benefits of Svarnaprashan (Ayurvedic immunization) was organised by Sanskruti Bal Sanskar Kendra, Balbhavan (Centre for good manners and culture for children) on 12th March. ‘Good health and healthy lifestyle is the best gift which every parent can give to the coming generation’ said Dr. Vikas Chothe MD, while explaining the importance of Suvarnaprashan plus- An Ayurvedic preventive and healthy lifestyle program for kids. A lot of mothers had heard about Suvarnaprashan and now were eager to know about it. Those who had given Suvarnaprashan before didn’t had much knowledge about benefits of it. Explaining the need of healthy dietary habits, adequate exercise and yoga, Dr. Vikas Chothe said that previous studies have found that people watching TV more than 3 hours per day were 64% more likely to die from heart diseases.A lot of mothers raised questions about Suvarnaprashan, duration for administration, safety and contents of the medicine. After realizing the importance of healthy lifestyle program, more than 14 children from sanskar kendra registered for yearly program and received the doses. Vote of thanks was given by Mrs. Meenakshi Chajed and their team. A lot of parents congratulated and thanked the organizers for arranging such an eye opening workshop on health education and awareness of Suvarnaprashan. Menstrual health education reaches Beyond Horizon at Snehalaya
- Story of Paro- Narrated by Dr. Kaustubh Ghodke about an Indian girl and her experiences about menarche and various questions surrounding the topic.
- Presentation and talk show with girls educating girls on the subject.
- Open ended questions raising time, where girls can ask questions bubbling in their minds on and around the topic without revealing the identity by ‘secret envelope method’
- Panel discussion with team of expert doctors from BHAAS, where taboos and mtyhs are cleared from the young minds of girls.
- BHHAS doctors team includes Dr. Atul Rakshe (Our patron), Dr. Kaustubh Ghodke, Dr. Vikas Chothe, Dr. Supriya Shah, Dr. Poonam Patil, Dr. Sarita, Dr. Mazar, Dr. Sagar Thokade, Dr. Ruturaj Kadam Patil and others.
- A booklet- Sarya Kalyana on menstrual health and hygiene program is distributed.
- Logistics, including tent, transportation of equipment and staff, meals, etc. The organization is best known as a spearheading partner of the Menstrual health and wellbeing Initiative in India; with its program being selected as one of the best by Society for Public Health Education, USA. The good news is that from more than 250 research papers, this program was selected amongst best three and Dr. Vikas Chothe, MD founder of this menstrual movement was invited to present it at 63 rd annual conference at San Francisco, USA.
BHHAS team has been championing the eradication of ignorance among girls about menstrual health and we believe such programs will help eradicate menstrual myth and taboos in India by creating enlightened mothers of tomorrow.